Many people are starting to suffer from a condition known as chronic fatigue. Chronic fatigue is defined as fatigue that doesn't go away with rest.
Fatigue is a very broad topic that can have many different causes. Naturally we feel some levels of fatigue from the stress of daily life, but in many cases this should be remedied with adequate rest. Therefore chronic states of exhaustion is caused by something more underlying, such as an undiagnosed illness.
What Can Cause a Chronic State of Fatigue
When looking for the root cause of fatigue issues, it can be very hard to go off of symptoms alone. Many symptoms can express themselves in different forms of illnesses. This is why Dr. Evan Hirsch likes to run lab tests to rule out these illnesses.
So what are some of the most common causes for a loss in overall energy? It can be caused by:
- Mold toxicity (you can learn more about mold toxicity here)
- Lyme Disease (we talk a lot about this in episode 31)
- Epstein Barr
All of these can be difficult to detect, but with the proper testing, and the proper practitioner working with you, they can determine how to fix your fatigue!
That is exactly the focus of this episode. Dr. Evan teaches us his 4-step approach to beating fatigue once and for all.
»What are some of the main causes of decreased energy
»The 4-step approach to beating fatigue
»What foods should be removed from the diet to give you back your energy
»How herbs can support the body to get back to normal health
Save 25% off your first order with Thrive Market HERE!
Enjoy natural energy from Ayurvedic Herbs with HANAH HERE!
- [2:15] What got you interest in fatigue
- [4:15] Was what caused your fatigue the same reason that caused your wife's fatigue
- [5:45] What is the difference between chronic fatigue and the fatigue you feel from the daily grind of life
- [6:45] Is Epstein Barr the same as Bartonella
- [10:00] What are the first steps you take to determine what is causing someone's chronic fatigue
- [11:30] Do you run all of the lab tests at the beginning, or do you try to figure out the best ones to run based off of symptoms
- [13:15] What is the second step in helping someone get back their energy
- [14:45] When you use herbs in your practice, do you get pushback from people who think herbs don't work
- [17:15] Step 3 is to replace, what does this involve
- [18:00] What is the final step for recovering from chronic fatigue
- [19:00] How long can it take for someone to go through all 4 steps and to feel back to normal
- [19:45] Food allergies and sensitivities can cause issues related to fatigue
- [22:00] What are the foods you are looking to remove from the diet the most
- [24:15] Research now is showing glyphosate present in many foods on the shelves. We talk more about this in episode 56
- [25:00] What are some strategies for people to protect themselves from the environment or other stressors
- [27:00] Get a good air filter for your house to remove molds and other toxins. We use the Molekule, which you can learn more in episode 41
- [30:45] How can hormones impact our overall energy
- [34:15] What is your morning routine to keep your energy high
Learn More About Dr. Evan Hirsch
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Summit For Wellness Podcast. If you enjoyed Fixing Your Fatigue with Evan Hirsch, then subscribe to our channel so you can listen to all the latest episodes.