How Nourishing the Brain Helps the Entire Body with Greg Garrard
If you have been listening to the podcast for awhile now, you may have noticed that most of our guests focus on the gut. This is because if the gut isn't functioning well, and not digesting food, then how can we expect the rest of the body to work right.
However, we still have a big player in the game that is often overlooked. That player is our brain.
While the gut may be the epicenter of dysfunction, the brain is the command center for the body. If the brain isn't doing its job, then nothing will work right.
Why Is Nourishing the Brain So Important For Health
The brain (and nervous system) have a lot of functions in the body. Some of the main functions include:
- Regulating Hormones
- Communicates with organs to turn on/off functions, such as digestion
- Controls movement of our limbs
- Allows us to have memories and communicate with others
In order for all these functions to work, the brain needs nourishment. By providing specific nutrients, and also limiting ourselves to environmental stressors, we can optimize how the brain works.
What to Expect From This Episode
Greg Garrard is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner who focuses on nourishing the brain.
In this episode, you will learn:
» What systems in the body the brain is responsible for
» Which foods and nutrients help to support the brain
» How environmental stressors can impact brain health
» Where do we focus first, healing the gut or nourishing the brain
- [3:15] Why did Greg get interested in Nutrition and Brain Health
- [8:00] It is pretty amazing how people don't recognize the state of health their body is in until the straw breaks the camel's back
- [9:00] Did Greg's depression come from his inability to do the activities he loved, or from his state of health
- [12:15] Most of our guests focus on gut health, what is Greg looking for when assessing the brain
- [15:30] Are there specific symptoms you are looking for that is related to brain health
- [21:30] Since hydration is so important, what are some ways to help people hydrate without stripping minerals from the body
- [22:00] Here is a simple way to make Sole water
- [23:45] What are some of the important nutrients needed to optimize the brain
- [28:45] Are there environmental factors that can impact the brain as well
- [35:30] We have had Brian Hoyer on to talk about EMFs and 5G
- [38:30] If you need nutrients to support the brain, but the gut can't function well if the brain isn't working right, then do you start supporting the brain first, or the gut
- [42:30] Head injuries can also influence the way the brain is functioning. You can listen more here
Learn More About Greg Garrard
Website: River of Life Nutritional Therapy
Social Media: Email