It has been estimated that over 45 million Americans participate in diets each year, and less than 5% continue to maintain the diet after a couple of months. This means there is a big disconnect between diets, and how to make it a lifestyle change. Katie Garces says that what we are missing in most diets is teaching about intuitive eating.
As we well know, we have lost most of our connection with the food that we eat because food has become very convenient, and we don't have to work hard to get it. Because of the convenience, we start to lose our ability to understand what our body needs in terms of nutrients and foods.
What is Intuitive Eating
Quite simply, intuitive eating is a way to reconnect with your body and understand the nutrients it needs in order to function properly. This can range anywhere from eating seasonally, to eating for your hormonal patterns throughout the month.
In this week's episode, Katie Garces and I discuss:
»What intuitive eating means
»Steps to take to get started with understanding your body's nutritional needs
»How to recognize if a feeling towards food is a craving, or a need
»Ways Katie uses intuitive eating in her own life
Save 25% off your first order with Thrive Market HERE!
Enjoy natural energy from Ayurvedic Herbs with HANAH HERE!
- [3:20] What is your background and tell us about your experience as a nurse practitioner
- [6:00] What were your own experiences with food and how did it impact your relationship with food and dieting
- [10:00] You pushed yourself into adrenal fatigue, how long did it take to recover from that (learn more about adrenal fatigue here)
- [11:45] What is Intuitive Eating and what were the steps you took to follow the Intuitive Eating framework
- [15:45] Why do you think people fall into a diet mindset instead of learning about foods that their body needs
- [18:15] How do you know if your feelings are a craving vs intuitive eating
- [22:30] What are the first steps someone can take to start eating intuitively
- [27:00] When I eat seasonally, is that an example of intuitive eating
- [29:30] What are your own intuitive eating practices that you use regularly
- [33:30] What is your Intuitive Eating Audio Program
Learn More About Katie Garces
Audio Course: Eating Intuitively: Finally Ditch the Diet and Make Friends with Food
Social Media: Facebook , Pinterest , Instagram , Sexy Spiritual SaneWomen's Facebook Group
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Summit For Wellness Podcast. If you enjoyed Intuitive Eating with Katie Garces, then subscribe to our channel so you can listen to all the latest episodes.