If you are 40 or older, then it is expected that you will gain weight and become increasingly more tired.
This is a common thought for women who are getting older. Weight gain, insomnia, and decreased energy is just a byproduct of aging, and there is nothing you can do about it…
Or so we thought. These issues are actually a sign of dysregulation in the endocrine system, and it shows that your body is struggling to regulate hormones effectively. There actually is hope in getting back your energy, and to regulate hormones properly!
What is Endocrine Dysfunction
The endocrine system is a “messenger system” in the body. It sends hormones throughout the body to tell organs to create balance in the body. The main glands involved are the Thyroid and Adrenal Glands.
When this system is disrupted, then we see a huge problem in how we regulate hormones. Once these hormones are out of control, it can take quite some time to bring them back to balance.
That is why in this week's episode, Cynthia Thurlow and I discuss how to improve the endocrine system to help regulate hormones, reduce weight gain, and improve energy:
»What does endocrine dysfunction look like and why do women deal with it
»How to improve your sleep so you feel rested and energized
»Strategies to improve the HPA axis
»Why does weight gain happen and what to do about it
Save 25% off your first order with Thrive Market HERE!
Enjoy natural energy from Ayurvedic Herbs with HANAH HERE!
- [2:35] What brought you into the medical industry
- [6:30] Did you know when you went through the NTC program that you would be leaving the hospital to work more on the wellness side
- [10:30] Why do so many women suffer from weight gain, insomnia, food cravings, and lack of energy
- [13:45] Have you seen an increase in these issues in women at a younger and younger age
- [17:00] What is the HPA axis and how does it influence the digestive system
- [20:15] When someone has dysfunction in the HPA axis, what are some strategies to improve the function of the HPA axis
- [23:30] Use Uvex Blue Light Blocking glasses at night to improve sleep
- [24:00] Can you use f.lux or a blue light blocking app on a phone to help minimize the blue light from electronics
- [26:00] A lot of areas are installing 5g towers and we are exposed to frequencies all the time, how can we improve our sleeping space so we are impacted by less frequencies
- [29:15] Our episode with Brian Hoyer talks a lot about emf exposure and how to mitigate it in your household
- [29:40] What are some herbs that help with the HPA Axis (I like a product called HANAH ONE)
- [33:30] Is there a specific diet you like to use when trying to regulate hormones and improve the HPA axis
- [37:00] How do you get people's digestive systems to break down nutrients properly to help to regulate hormones and improve the HPA axis
- [39:30] Working to regulate hormones and improve energy levels is not a race, it takes time
- [43:30] How do you have that conversation with women to take things slow and not force the weight loss
- [46:00] If you have a morning routine to help prepare your body's overall wellness each day, what is it
- [47:30] What are your 3 favorite foods to reduce food cravings and improve energy
Learn More About Cynthia Thurlow