Have you ever experienced excessive bloating or gas, the type where your belly starts to expand outward and it gets uncomfortable? There are many people who have bloating and gas, and don't realize it could be an underlying issue for some health problems.
More often than not, we tend to brush it off as an annoying but somewhat tolerable inconvenience. But as it turns out, bloating and gas are not just mere nuisances. They could be, at the least, an early warning system set off, or worse, a full-scale distress signal from our gut.
If you are presenting with any these two symptoms, it is critical that you start on a more involved and thorough look at your digestive health.
What Are Postbiotics?
We've all heard of prebiotics. We’ve also heard about probiotics. But what are postbiotics?
Postbiotics is an emerging technology in digestive health support. Probiotics are the live bacteria that we ingest through our foods and supplements, and prebiotics are the food that we feed those bacteria with. Postbiotics are the byproducts of those gut bacteria metabolizing the food that we feed them.
These metabolic byproducts are now being associated with many of the health benefits formerly attributed to those gut bacteria. This includes immunomodulation and anti-pathogenic activities. Additionally, they are credited with promoting the growth of more healthy probiotic bacteria.
In this episode of the Summit for Wellness Podcast, we are joined by Gastroenterologist and pharmacological researcher, Dr. Kenneth Brown, where he helps us understand:
» the complex interactions not only in our microbiome, but in our larger multibiome
» the digestive mechanisms that results in gas and bloating symptoms
» how natural and lifestyle-based recommendations should be the first go-to measure for relieving bloating and gas
» and how his flagship postbiotic- and polyphenol-containing protocol, Atrantil, can help relieve more tenacious cases of gas and bloating
- [01:36] Dr. Ken Brown’s conventional gastroenterology beginnings in pharmaceutical research evolved into gut health advocacy, bridging the gap between medical and natural science
- [04:42] Today, we are witnessing an exponential growth of autoimmune digestive issues, particularly in the US
- [06:32] There is a distinction between the different types of bloating and gas, the most problematic of which is described as “trapped bloating.”
- [08:50] Trapped bloating may be associated with 1) SIBO or small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, 2) autoimmune conditions such as Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis, or 3) an imbalance in the resident “multi-biome” of the colon
- [14:40] Strategies for addressing bloating issues include diet, sleep, stress management and feeding the gut bacteria with postbiotics
- [20:08] Sleep is a huge determining factor for not only improving your gut health, but also resolving existing gut issues
- [27:05] Dr. Ken uses his flagship protocol, Atrantil, to relieve bloating and IBS-like symptoms. It is a powerful combination of three polyphenols found in many Mediterranean diets
- [28:49] Polyphenols are known to be powerful anti-aging and anti-inflammatory agents with mimetic properties
- [30:07] A daily dose of at least 1000 mg. of polyphenols could be helpful not only to your gut health, but also to your athletic performance
- [32:34] Four out of five supplements out in the market shelves today do not contain the ingredients and nutrients they claim they do
- [36:24] Dr. Ken Brown gives us a rapid fire list of the warning signs that tells you that you may need to take a deeper look into your digestive symptoms
- [39:24] Dr. Ken Brown walks us through his personal morning routine for optimal digestive health
» Atrantil – Get a 10% discount through this link
» The Circadian Code by Dr. Satchin Panda
» Herbal Supplements Are Often Not What They Seem, The New York Times (this is why it is important to purchase supplements from reputable sources or from professional lines)
Learn More About Dr. Ken Brown
Website: Atrantil, Dr. Kenneth Brown's Website
Social Media: Facebook , Youtube , Instagram
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Summit For Wellness Podcast. If you enjoyed How to Get Rid of Bloating and Gas with Ken Brown, then subscribe to our channel so you can listen to all the latest episodes.