There are toxins everywhere in the world, and there is no one that hasn't been exposed to some form of toxin. Even though this may sound depressing, the truth is that we can limit our exposure to toxins.
Not all toxins are made by humans. Even nature tries to poison us in different ways from exposure to toxic fungi to plants and animals that can make us sick.
However, toxins are hidden in plain site within our homes. The mattress cover can contain formaldehyde, many products contain BPA, and many other products contain lists of toxins that can influence our health.
How Can We Eliminate Toxins From The Home
Since we cannot completely free ourselves of toxic exposures (seriously, even if you went to the most remote place on earth, the water will still most likely contain some toxins), the best we can do is to minimize our exposure at home. A great place to start is in our bedrooms where we will spend about 1/3 of our lives.
The key to eliminating anything, from toxins to food, is to take a slow approach to reduce overwhelm. Start by removing a couple of items at a time instead of clearing out the entire house.
So what products should we start with? Debra Lynn Dadd teaches us where to begin in this episode. We talk about:
»What are some of the common toxins found in the home
»How toxins influence our health
»Where to find good alternatives to these toxic products
»Resources to learn more about toxins, how labels can be misleading, and more
- [2:15] Debra has been toxic-free in her home for over 40 years
- [6:30] Most people spend 1/3 of their lives in their bedroom, so removing the toxins from where you sleep is a great place to start
- [9:00] There are many products that don't have to label toxins in their products because there isn't any universal labeling laws
- [10:45] What is the point of having all of these harsh chemicals in products
- [14:15] Studies have discovered that children are born with more than 200 toxins already in their body
- [21:00] In Debra's Book, Toxic Free, she has lists of common products in the house and what chemicals can be found in them
- [24:30] Does smoke from Vape get into the walls similar to how cigarette smoke does
- [28:00] Our manufacturing processes are advancing faster than the body can adapt to the toxic exposure
- [29:15] What are some products in the bathroom that contain lots of toxic chemicals
- [31:30] Do toothbrushes or pastes have any chemicals to be worried about
- [33:30] Are there specific things on labels that people should be looking for on labels to avoid toxins
Learn More About Debra Lynn Dadd
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Summit For Wellness Podcast. If you enjoyed The Hidden Toxins Found In Your Home with Debra Lynn Dadd, then subscribe to our channel so you can listen to all the latest episodes.