Over the past couple of decades, we have seen a big increase in neurotransmitter dysfunction ranging from anxiety and depression, to Alzheimer's and even Schizophrenia. The 4 main neurotransmitters that we pay attention to are:
There has been a lot of information coming out about the power of the Ketogenic Diet for optimal brain function, but that relates mostly to the brain cells using ketones as the primary fuel source compared to glucose. What we don't hear about often enough is the types of amino acids needed to produce neurotransmitters.
This is where Amino Acid Therapy starts to shine. The focus with AAT is to find the necessary amino acids to help build the proper neurotransmitters for any symptom you may have.
How Can Amino Acid Therapy Improve Neurotransmitter Function
Amino acids are needed to build neurotransmitters. Naturally, our bodies will break down dietary protein into the necessary amino acids to produce the neurotransmitters. However, in most cases, people aren't consuming the right proteins or they aren't fully digesting proteins.
With Amino Acid Therapy, the practitioner understands that certain amino acids are used to build certain neurotransmitters. By taking a look at your symptoms, they can pinpoint the most likely amino acids you would need, then they test it on you right in their office. This gives you immediate answers to the amino acids you need to improve your brain chemistry!
In this week's episode, Laurie Hammer and I discuss:
»What is Amino Acid Therapy and how it relates to neurotransmitter function
»Which amino acids are important for specific neurotransmitters
»How to test for the right amino acids
»How deficiencies in amino acids and neurotransmitters can lead to unnatural appetites
Save 25% off your first order with Thrive Market HERE!
Enjoy natural energy from Ayurvedic Herbs with HANAH HERE!
- [2:28] What is your background and what got you into Amino Acid Therapy
- [6:45] What is Amino Acid Therapy used for
- [8:00] Do you use specific proteins during the therapy, or specific amino acids
- [8:30] What are neurotransmitters and how do the amino acids interact with them
- [11:30] When you place an amino acid under the tongue, how long do you wait to see a reaction
- [13:50] Do most people only have 1 neurotransmitter issue, or more than 1
- [14:30] How do you determine the dosing amount to start a client on
- [16:00] Do you take a look at their diet to make sure they are receiving enough protein, then also look to see if they are properly breaking down foods
- [19:30] How do deficient neurotransmitters lead to unnatural appetites
- [21:00] Can Amino Acid Therapy work for any age
- [22:30] How do you use Amino Acid Therapy with someone who is on an SSRI
- [24:30] What are some final points you want everyone to know about Amino Acid Therapy
- [26:30] Do you ever use the Ketogenic Diet to help support neurotransmitter function
Learn More About Laurie Hammer
Website: Take My Brain Back
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Summit For Wellness Podcast. If you enjoyed Amino Acid Therapy For Optimal Brain Function with Laurie Hammer, then subscribe to our channel so you can listen to all the latest episodes.