How Emotions Tie into the Foods You Crave with Mollie Doyle
Have you ever been so stressed out that you end up eating an entire bag of chips or something else crunchy? What about being so sad that you down a whole thing of ice cream? If so, you aren't alone, and our emotional eating has a lot to do with different types of textures.
Different types of textures are associated with different emotions we are experiencing because of how our body perceives these textures. For instance, a creamy texture can be really soothing, which is why we turn to the ice cream when we are sad.
Once we understand how these textures integrate with our emotional eating, we can then take this information and understand what it is our body is trying to tell us!
Understanding Emotional Eating Keeps Us Away from Craving Bad Foods
Once you understand what each type of craving means, you may want to go find any food that will help to balance out those emotions and eat it! Just because you know a food matches the texture that your emotions want, does not mean it is good to eat.
You can still make good healthy food choices to balance out the emotions. And just because a food is “healthy” does not mean it needs to taste terrible. Making whole food choices to match textures to emotions is one of the best ways to satisfy your emotional eating.
In this episode, Mollie Doyle and I discuss:
»3 main textures of food and emotions it correlates to
»How cravings can tell you a lot about your emotional state
»Ways to avoid craving binges
»Common habits and how to avoid them
Save 25% off your first order with Thrive Market HERE!
Enjoy natural energy from Ayurvedic Herbs with HANAH HERE!
Download Our App To Access All Our Free Content!
- [2:50] What got you interested in nutrition and healthy eating
- [5:10] Why did you get interested in how food tied into emotions
- [9:00] How does textures correlate to different foods and emotions
- [12:45] Why do we crave foods that are bad for us, and how can we recognize these cravings are a need for something else
- [18:00] Are their steps people can take to understand what their body needs and not get stuck in emotional eating
- [20:45] A lot of people are scared to tap into their emotions, how do you convince people not to be fearful of emotions
- [23:00] What are some of the most common habits people struggle to break
- [27:40] Forming a habit can happen without you knowing and make its way into your entire daily routine
- [29:00] What are some other ways bad habits make their way into our lives
- [33:45] How can people start to understand their emotional eating patterns and learn more about textures
Learn More About Mollie Doyle
Building a Better Salad eBook: https://www.parsleyandpumpkins.com/salad
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Summit For Wellness Podcast. If you enjoyed How Emotions Tie into the Foods You Crave with Mollie Doyle, then subscribe to our channel so you can listen to all the latest episodes.