Heavy Metal Toxicity and How to Detox with Wendy Myers
When was the last time you thought about how your mineral levels are doing? Likely your answer is ‘never', or at the most you say that you get calcium from your milk. So if we don't think about minerals, why would heavy metal toxicity become something we are interested in?
As Wendy Myers said in our podcast, the minerals are the spark plugs for the body. When minerals are out of balance, then a lot of dysfunction can start to occur. Heavy metals are known to place themselves where normal minerals are supposed to be in the body, however instead of improving our function, it creates heavy metal toxicity.
What Are Heavy Metals and What is Heavy Metal Toxicity
Heavy metals, or toxic metals, are forms of minerals that are much denser and more toxic than other minerals. These can be deposited throughout the body, and can come from our food, air, and environment.
The problem with heavy metals is that they are difficult to detox fully out of the body. So what happens is that a buildup of metals can occur in the body, and start creating heavy metal toxicity.
Some symptoms of heavy metal toxicity are:
- Heart Problems
- Cognitive Issues
Remember, these are only some of the symptoms. Wendy Myers talks a lot more about symptoms and what to look for in this episode!
In this episode, Wendy Myers and I discuss:
»What are toxic metals and how can they impact the body
»Benefits of mineralization to get toxic metals moving out of the system
»How to improve detoxification pathways in the body
»Why toxic metals can interrupt your energy
Save 25% off your first order with Thrive Market HERE!
Enjoy natural energy from Ayurvedic Herbs with HANAH HERE!
Download Our App To Access All Our Free Content!
- [2:20] What got Wendy interested in the health industry in the first place
- [4:30] What are toxic metals and how do they influence your body
- [5:45] Why would the body stop detoxing heavy metals
- [6:45] On a hair mineral analysis can you see heavy metals, or are they hidden
- [7:30] If heavy metals aren't coming out on the hair test, then how do you test next
- [8:50] What are some of the symptoms of heavy metal toxicity
- [10:10] When you are detoxing, are you supporting the entire system, or just focusing on the liver and moving minerals
- [11:00] Are there specific toxic metals that are more common than others
- [12:40] What is your favorite way to mobilize heavy metals
- [13:45] Do you have specific times for people to take minerals since some can be stimulating while others are relaxing
- [14:00] How does mineralization actually work to remove toxic metals
- [15:00] Do certain metals favor certain organs over others
- [15:30] Minerals can interrupt energy production in the body, how does this happen
- [17:40] Can some of the toxic metals stimulate the adrenal glands
- [19:15] How does different diet types interfere with the way minerals interact in the body
- [20:30] When someone goes on your detox, do you change their diet at all
- [22:00] Is bone broth a good option to get good minerals into the body
- [24:00] Do you have a specific morning routine to help with detoxification
- [25:00] Is infrared saunas better for detoxing than traditional sweat lodges
Learn More About Wendy Myers
Detox Checklist: detoxforenergy.com