We live in an age where 1 in 2 people will be diagnosed with cancer at some point in their life. The sad part is, people don't really want to discuss this issue, and we never hear anything about the cancer support that is provided for these individuals.
It is a very scary diagnosis to receive, but we can't keep quiet about the different options for treatment. Yes there is chemo and radiation as options, but these literally just kill the area around the cancer cells with the hopes it'll kill the cancer as well.
Why We Should Place More Focus on Cancer Support
When someone receives the diagnosis for cancer, they are instantly told about their current options such as chemo and radiation. They make it sound like you don't have time to think, and to get going on the process asap.
While there are stages of cancer that need immediate support, for many who are diagnosed they have time to settle down and think through options. Cancer does not occur overnight, it is usually at least a 7+ year developmental process.
This is why Megan Van Zyl has developed her cancer support system in which she educates clients about treatment options, nutritional support, emotional support, and more.
In this episode, Megan and I discuss:
»What traditionally happens in the doctor's office when you receive a cancer diagnosis
»Types of food that will better support the body during treatments
»What supplements provide the nutrients your body needs
»How emotions can tie into the progression of cancer
- [2:50] Megan was helping children with autism and started using more holistic approaches with them
- [5:20] At what point did you decide to switch and start working with those suffering from cancer
- [7:00] What are some of the traditional support processes by the hospitals
- [8:40] Are there foods that are better to keep weight normalized than eating ice cream and fast food?
- [10:15] When supporting clients nutritionally, are you looking to utilize specific diets, or apply specific nutrients into their diet
- [14:00] Since digestion is so compromised when going through cancer treatment, do you utilize pre-digested foods at all
- [15:30] Those on a vegan or vegetarian diet will have to be more particular about sources of fats and proteins
- [16:40] Do you use supplements or IVs
- [17:15] Are there specific supplements that you notice many cancer clients need to be on
- [19:45] Can dysfunction in specific glands cause cancer
- [23:15] When someone gets the cancer diagnosis, do they believe this happened overnight
- [27:45] What is your cancer support program that helps your clients to get through their diagnosis
- [32:00] Can you tell us about one of your favorite client stories
- [34:00] What are some of your cancer prevention morning routines
- [37:15] What work are you doing with orphanages
Learn More About Megan Van Zyl, PhD Hon, MA, NTP
Book: What Is Cancer
- Those diagnosed with Cancer will receive $100 off a 6-session package by June 1st, 2018. Mention our Podcast in an email to [email protected]
- Practitioners receive $100 off enrollment of Cancer Peace University by June 1st, 2018. Mention our Podcast in an email to [email protected]