If you're anything like me, you love to have snacks accessible to eat. Not just any snacks, but snacks you can take on the go and know will fill you up and leave your tummy satisfied. Crackers are one of the tastiest and easiest items to munch on and our Keto Basil Crackers are no exception!
I was amazed with the rich flavor of these crackers. Once they come out of the oven, the smell alone makes you start to drool. It has a sort of herb and italian scent that makes your kitchen smell wonderful, warm, and inviting.
One of our favorite ways to eat these crackers is to pack them up with cheese and meat and take them in the car with us for some added nourishment throughout the day!
You don't have to make excuses about eating outside of your meal plan restrictions because you are busy and hungry. These take hardly any time to make and we love how simple this recipe is, there's only 4 ingredients in it!
This recipe is so quick and easy to make, even the kids can help :). You might want to make a double batch though if the kids are helping since they will probably want to eat all of the crackers before you get to have any!
About the Ingredients
Ground Flaxseeds are considered a superfood! They have anti-inflammatory properties and contain important antioxidants, like lignans which support and balance your hormone production, and Omega-3 fatty acids. When looking for a snack to fulfill a strong craving, flaxseeds are a wonderful choice. They are easy to blend into recipes without even noticing them and they heavily support digestion, blood sugar, and hormonal regulation. They have a high fiber content, while remaining low in carbs, and your skin and hair even receive support from this superfood!
Almond Flour is a favorite gluten-free, low carb flour, packed with a ton of nutritional support for the body! It has high levels of Vitamin E and supports blood sugar and energy level regulation, along with making sure your heart stays healthy and functioning optimally!
Keto Basil Crackers
To prove how quick and easy this recipe is to whip up, we've added a video walking you through the process. We hope you enjoy this recipe and let us know in the comments section below what YOU think of these simple DIY crackers!
Keto Basil Crackers
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Add almond flour, ground flaxseed, dried basil, water, and salt to a mixing bowl.
- Stir together until dough is formed. It will feel very flaky.
- Place the dough onto a piece of parchment paper. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to flatten it out. You want it to be very thin.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into rectangles.
- Sprinkle the top with more salt as desired.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The edges will brown up before the middle is completely cooked.
- Let the crackers cool completely, then enjoy with your favorite side dishes and snacks!
Net Carbs: 0.1g per cracker