It's that time of year again when we start handing out 6lb zucchinis to everyone we know. While normally we use the large zucchinis to make our Paleo Zucchini Bread, any leftovers we have we turn into other recipes.
This time, I had a craving for cajun fries, and figured there must be a way to make zucchini fries out of the leftovers. Turns out I was right!
If you have been whipping up tasty burgers or other foods on the bbq this summer and want a healthier side dish option, these Cajun Almond Flour Zucchini Fries will totally satisfy your cravings.
About the Ingredients in Cajun Almond Flour Zucchini Fries
Zucchini: Zucchini is actually really good for the digestive system because it is full of water and fiber. This helps to get things “moving” through your system! It also helps to reduce blood sugar levels, and improves your eye health.
Garlic: Garlic actually is a very strong agent against bacteria, parasites, and mold! With its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, it has been used on foods for thousands of years to help kill off pathogens so we can enjoy our food.
How to Make Cajun Almond Flour Zucchini Fries
Overall this recipe is easy to make, it is just a little time consuming to get the fries caked in batter.
Start off my cutting your zucchini into fry size. I did this by cutting my zucchini into 4 inch sections, scooping out the inside, then cutting off wedges.
Next, add the ingredients to a bag, and dip the zucchini fries into the egg. This will help the dry ingredients to stick onto the zucchini fries.
Then, lay them out onto a pan, sprinkle cajun seasoning over the top, and place in the oven.
After about 12-15 minutes, these will be ready to pull out and serve with your main dish! They are super tasty, especially if you have some dipping sauces to go with them.
Cajun Almond Flour Zucchini Fries
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 lb Zucchini
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Take your zucchini and cut it into 4 inch segments. Then cut those segments in half the long way so you can scoop out the middle.
- Cut the zucchini into ¼ inch thick slices. Try to get them equal in size so they cook evenly.
- Add the Almond Flour, Salt, and Garlic Powder into a bag, and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Whisk together until the yolks are completely mixed in.
- Using tongs, add the zucchini fries into the egg bowl, and coat in the egg. Then move the fries into the bag.
- Shake bag until all the zucchini fries are covered in the mixture. Lay out the fries onto a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Sprinkle cajun seasoning over the top.
- Place in the oven for 12 minutes. At 12 minutes, switch the oven to broil and broil for 2 minutes. This will crisp them up.
- Pull from the oven, and let cool for a couple minutes, then serve!