Some days I crave meat, sometimes I crave pizza. When both cravings kick in, then that is when true inspiration can occur. This is exactly what happened when I created this Meatzza recipe! I had some ground beef sitting in the fridge that I needed to use, so I figured I would use that as the crust and add some toppings.
I have to say, if you are craving pizza and meat, then this definitely will hit the spot! The toppings I have in the recipe are what was in my fridge, you can add any toppings you want!
The best part about this recipe is that it is gluten free, dairy free, and grain free. Yet, still absolutely delicious!
Makes: 1 9.5in Meatzza
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Cost: $7.03
To get this party started, take a pie pan and butter up the bottom and the edges. Take the meat for your crust and press it firmly into the pie pan. Bake this for 15 minutes to firm up the crust.
After the crust has been browned, pull it from the oven. Remove the crust from the pan and place onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Add your favorite toppings and throw back into the oven for 15 more minutes.
After 15 minutes, remove from the oven. After seeing your delicious creation, you can decide to share it, or hoard it for yourself!
If you are in a carnivorous mood, then the Meatzza will definitely fix your craving. Built with an all meat crust, this meat pizza is guaranteed to fill you up.
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tbsp Oregano Leaves
- 3/4 tbsp basil leaves
- 1/2 Green Peppers
- 1/2 Yellow Peppers
- 5 slices bacon
- .25 lbs Ground Beef Use any extras from the package of ground beef
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a 9.5in pie pan, spread butter on the bottom and edges of the pan.
- Combine the ground beef and spices together in a mixing bowl.
- Press the meaty crust mixture into the pie pan, filling up the bottom of the pan.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes until the meat is cooked through.
Finish The Meatzza
- Pull the meat crust from the oven, and move the crust to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread your favorite tomato sauce over the top of the meatzza.
- Sprinkle your toppings over the meatzza, pressing gently into the tomato sauce.
- Place back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes, until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!