It's that time of year again where we bask in the delicious meals spread out on our tables, enjoy family time (or enjoy it as much as possible!), and fall asleep with our bellies full and big grins on our faces. We all know that most of the food we eat on Thanksgiving isn't the best for us, so I will offer you a recipe to help take down some of the digestive load caused by excess gluten and other foods from your meal!
Gluten Free Stuffing
This Gluten Free Stuffing is perfect for your turkey on Thanksgiving
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Cooking Fat
- 4 stalks Celery diced
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 1 large Apple diced
- 2 cups Finely Chopped Walnuts
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary Very finely chopped and stems removed
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Sage
- 1/4 tsp Marjoram
- 1/4 tsp Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375*F
- In a large pan, saute the ground beef and celery in the cooking fat for about 3 minutes. Make sure to crumble the ground beef to tiny pieces.
- Add the diced apple and onion and continue sauteing for another 2 minutes.
- Add the fresh herbs, walnuts, garlic, and seasonings to taste. Mix well. The meat should still be somewhat pink; it’ll finish cooking in the oven.
- Put the mixture in a baking dish and bake uncovered for about 30 minutes.