Homeopathy is a practice that has been around for hundreds of years. Many people have some hard opinions on the efficacy of homeopathic remedies, however there are quite a few principles they use that are used in conventional medical practices as well.
Homeopathic remedies are used to help stimulate the immune system to create antibodies for similar illnesses. This process in a way is similar to how allergists will use allergens as a way to build up someone's defense against those allergens.
What many people expect from a remedy is something to have chemical components that can fight off an illness, similar to medication. However, medication is designed to counter an illness, whereas homeopathic remedies are designed to strengthen the internal defenses of the body.
How to Get Started on a Homeopathic Detox
Homeopathic detox is tailored according to the type/types of toxins you are suspected to have. It is therefore highly recommended that you work with a homeopathic practitioner so that, together, you can both map out what your potential toxic burden is based off of your constellation of symptoms and get the right support you need if you ever need to course correct.
In this episode, Dana also walks us through his process when taking on a new homeopathic client. This gives us a sneak preview of how a visit to your online or local homeopathic practitioner might look like. Other interesting highlights include:
» how old-age homeopathy is fundamentally our modern day version of toxicology
» homeopathy uses the basic principle of similars–where like cures like–to induce a detox process through a process called nano-dosing
» why it is critically important that detox symptoms are not suppressed during your homeopathic protocol
» how liver and kidney support is vital for your homeopathic detox journey
» and how important it is that you work with a homeopathic practitioner who can guide you and support you through the detox process
For a more comprehensive preview of this episode, please read through the shownotes below.
- [01:37] Dr. Ullman was inspired to be at the forefront of the homeopathic movement through his father’s medical career working with allergies
- [05:45] Homeopathy is an ancient practice fundamentally based off the principle of similars where like cures like
- [09:09] Homeopathy does not work with root causes of a disease, illness or injury in isolation, but also takes into account your susceptibility factors
- [11:34] Homeopathic remedies uses thousands of substances from plants, minerals, animals and chemical communities as remedies
- [12:47] Fever is a defense mechanism against infection. Using fever-reducing agents to fight off infections is antagonistic to your body’s wisdom
- [14:22] Nano (or small) doses of a homeopathic remedy are used you to stimulate the body into an immune response
- [17:11] Homeopathic remedies are extracted from plant, mineral or animal sources by FDA-approved homeopathic manufacturers by diluting and shaking them repeatedly to make them more potent
- [19:45] Addressing one symptom with the use of homeopathy can often lead to improvements to other health issues and challenges
- [21:54] Homeopathy can be used as a more effective and much safer alternative to your flu vaccines
- [28:55] Homeopathic interventions to address allergies has also been well-studied and well-documented
- [29:41] Getting a homeopathic dose of toxin will facilitate the expulsion of that toxin out of the body (otherwise known as the detox effect)
- [33:12] Working with a professional homeopath (as opposed to buying over-the-counter homeopathic remedies) will help you identify your specific exposures and personalize your homeopathic interventions
- [34:56] Homeopathic treatment is a very involved process often requiring meticulously extracting your health history, mapping out your specific constellation of symptoms, and designing a homeopathic protocol to be implemented under the guidance and constant monitoring of your practitioner
- [40:51] Dr. UIlman gives us a rapid fire list of the common myths surrounding homeopathic treatments and protocols
- [44:51] Learn more about homeopathy through Dr. Dana Ullman’s comprehensive patient e-course, How to Use a Medicine Kit
- [46:13] Bonus: Learn more about Dr. Dana's daily health and wellness habits by listening to the episode!
Links & Resources
» [product] Influenzinum 9C — Influenza/Flu Defense Protocol (2018-2019) by Dana Ullman
» [eCourse] Learning to Use a Homeopathic Medicine Kit by Dana Ullman
» [book list] Other homeopathy books by Dana Ullman
Learn More About Dana Ullman